Potassium persulfate is white, odorless crystal, it is soluble in water, insoluble in alcohol, it has strong oxidizing, it is commonly used as bleaching agents, oxidizing agents, it can be used as the polymerization initiator, it almost does not absorb moisture, it has good stability at room temperature, it is easy to be stored, and it has the advantages of convenience and safety, etc.
Potassium Persulfate (molecular formula K2S2O8), also known as potassium persulfate, potassium peroxodisulfate, potassium disulfate, potassium dithiooctaoxate, molecular weight: 270.32, decomposition temperature: 50-60 ℃, is a white, odorless crystal, Soluble in water, insoluble in ethanol, with strong oxidizing properties, commonly used as bleaching agent, oxidizing agent, and also as polymerization initiator, almost no moisture absorption, good stability at room temperature, easy to store, convenient and safe, etc. advantage.
Application areas include polymerization initiators, circuit board cleaning and etching, copper and aluminum surface activation, starch modification, low temperature bleaching and desizing of pulp and fabrics, purification treatment of circulating water systems, oxidative degradation of harmful gases, low formaldehyde adhesive adhesion Acceleration of synthesis, oxidation of ethanol and aromatic hydrocarbons, decolorization of disinfectants, hair dyes, etc.
|Appearance||White Crystalline Powder|
|Active Oxygen||5.85% min|
|Chloride (as Cl)||0.02% max|
|Heavy Metal (as Pb)||0.001% max|
|Ammonium (as NH4)||0.20% max|
Polymerization: Initiator for the emulsion or solution Polymerization of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion co-polymerization of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc.
Metal treatment: Treatment of metal surfaces(e.g. in the manufacture of semiconductors; cleaning and etching of printed circuits),activation of copper and aluminium surfaces.
Cosmetics: Essential component of bleaching formulations.
Paper: modification of starch,repulping of wet - strength paper.
Textile: Desizing agent and bleach activator - particularly for cold bleaching.(i.e.bleaching of Jeans).
Waste gas treatment,oxidative degradation of harmful substances(e.g.Hg)
Package & Storage
25kgs, plastic woven bag lined with PE bag
1) KPS is non-flammable, it is combustion-supporting which due to it can release of oxygen, storage environment must be dry and clean, well-ventilated.
2) Pay attention to moisture and rain, it should not be transported in rain.
3) Keep away from fire, heat and direct sunlight.
4) It should be kept sealed packaging, labels should be intact and clear.
5) It should be stored separately with flammable or combustible materials, organic compounds, as well as rust, small amount of metal, and other reducing substance, it should avoid mix to prevent causing decomposition of potassium persulfate and explosion.