Views: 5 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-02-10 Origin: Site
Sodium Persulfate, is a white crystal or crystalline powder, odorless, tasteless.Gradual decomposition at room temperature, heating or rapidly decompose in ethanol, decomposition to release oxygen and produce sodium pyrosulfate. Moisture and platinum black, silver, lead, iron, copper, magnesium, nickel, manganese and other metal ions or their alloys can promote the decomposition, it decomposes rapidly and emit hydrogen peroxide at high temperature (about 200 ℃). It is soluble in water (70.4 when 20 ℃).
Sodium Peroxodisulfate (Sodium Persulfate);
Product Categories: Inorganics; Inorganic Chemicals.
Melting Point: 100 °C
Storage Temp. Store at +15°C to +25°C.
Solubility H2O: 1M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
Specific Gravity: 2.4
pH: 3.5-3.8 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)
pH Range: 2.5 - 4.0
Water Solubility: 550g/L (20 ºC)
Stability Unstable. Strong oxidizer. Contact with combustible material may cause fire. Incompatible with combustible material, strong reducing agents, strong bases, alcohols, aluminium, magnesium. Protect from moisture.
Sodium Persulfate is a strong oxidizer and a severe irritant of skin, eyes, and respiratory system.
It is almost non-hygroscopic and has particularly good ability to be stored for long time, easy and safe to handle, not combustible, but releases oxygen easily and assists combustion of other materials.
Conditions/substances to avoid mixing persulfates with are: moisture, heat, flame, ignition sources, shock, friction, reducing agents, organic material, sodium peroxide, aluminum and powdered metals.
1) Polymerization: Initiator for the emulsion or solution Polymerization of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion co-polymerization of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc.
2) Metal treatment: Treatment of metal surfaces(e.g. in the manufacture of semiconductors; cleaning and etching of printed circuits), activation of copper and aluminium surfaces.
3) Cosmetics: Essential component of bleaching formulations.
4) Paper: Modification of starch, repulping of wet-strength paper.
5) Textile: Desizing agent and bleach activator-particularly for cold bleaching.(i.e.bleaching of Jeans).
6) Others :
Water treatment (decontamination)
Waste gas treatment, oxidative degradation of harmful substances (e.g.Hg)
Qi Di Chem is professional at Sodium Persulfate, Ammonium Persulfate, Potassium Persulfate for many years, you can contact with us directly via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: +86-18452425579.
Qi Di Chem was established in 2003, is specialized in manufacturing persulfate series products (Ammonium Persulfate, Sodium Persulfate, Potassium Persulfate).
Contact person：Mandy Song